Coronavirus and its fears are circulating fast in social media and are adversely affecting the
poultry industry due to the myth circulation through social media.
But this has resulted in amazing results for the farmers growing green vegetables since the
inception of Coronavirus news in the market. The farmers cultivating vegetables and offering it to the market are now happy flocks with consumers rushing to purchase green leafy vegetables to consume as a precaution to boost immunity.
The coronavirus fears had initially taken a considerable toll on the profits of the fish markets and have been lately impacting the meat industry too, establishing a situation which is not going to normalcy soon. The prices of meat industry have been slashed down and as an immediate impact of the scenario; vegetable markets and roadside vendors reap the benefits which they generally miss, owing to the consumption of meat & other poultry products.
Since the outbreak of COVID19 and the announcement as an epidemic by the government of India, people have been reluctant on the consumption and choice of poultry products over green leafy vegetables. The situation is also owed to the rumor spree on social media channels which disseminates myths that bar people from consuming meat, as it may carry the coronavirus and affect the person.
In this situation, people have omitted meat out of menu and have started to add more vegetables to the plate to improve and boost their immunity to stay safe against the virus.
From the advisories issued till now by the administration, it is clear that a person with a weak immunity is at a larger stake when it comes to viral infections. The same formulation applies to COVID19 as well, which attacks the host’s immune system and slowly starts to rupture it. Some researchers studying the COVID19 virus have found that a human body has an inbuilt ability to fight the virus and recover from the infection, provided the immune system is strong enough to generate that response.
The Research Councils under the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India, have issued
advisory based on the Indian traditional medicine practices Ayurveda, Homeopathy and Unani.
The advisory highlights the role of a robust immune system to fight infections. It also suggests measures to strengthen the immune system through a healthy diet and lifestyle practices.
A list of Ayurvedic syrups and medicines suggested are as follows:
- Agastya Harityaki 5 gm, twice a day with warm water.
- Samshamani Vati 500 mg twice a day.
- Trikatu (Pippali, Marich & Shunthi) powder 5 gm and Tulasi 3-5 leaves (boiled in 1-litre
- water, until it reduces to ½ litre and keeps it in a bottle) keep taking it in sips as and when required.
- Pratimarsa Nasya: Instill two drops of Anu taila/Sesame oil in each nostril daily in the morning.
Following such leads, people have restored to the consumption of vegetables which has increased the farmer’s profit and put a smile on their faces.
Other practices suggested for Preventive Management Steps are:
- Maintain personal hygiene.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Drink Shadang Paniya (Musta, Parpat, Usheer, Chandan,Udeechya & Nagar) processed water (10 gm powder boiled in 1-liter water, until it reduces to half). Store it in a bottle and drink it when thirsty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your face during cough or sneeze and wash your hands after coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you suspect Corona Viral infection, wear a mask and contact your nearest hospital immediately.
With all the kind of precautions suggested by the government, let’s hope that this emergency like situation and the panic generated following the same escalates and things are pushed towards normalcy soon.